Monday, June 20, 2011

Reclaiming it

You know that music you haven't listened to in years? For whatever reason, or none in particular.

A rare day home alone left me trawling through my CD collection and finding some hidden gems (and some not so gem like).  Some years ago I was at the tail end of a relationship that was going from bad to worse.  During that time, I was listening to a lot of Split Enz.  It was the late 90s and noughties, so I must have been feeling all retro - or perhaps it was just I knew the soon to be ex didn't like it.

After the subsequent breakup/division of stuff/moving out I didn't listen to Split Enz for years.  CD languished in dust until this week.  Now I can't think why I stopped listening to them.  Maybe I needed a few years of distance to be able to enjoy them again?

Demons are thoroughly exorcised.

Missing music? Tell me about it?



No comments:

Post a Comment