Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Gotye Track

It will be very little surprise to read of my excitement, at the leak of Gotye's new track off his forthcoming Making Mirrors.  It will be a surprise that it took me this long to post about it.

Collaborating vocally with the wonderfully talented Kimbra, the track is haunting.  And the video illustrates the hurt of a real break up (great acting Wally).  
I'm waiting with baited breath for the release of this album, (August 19) and the album preview at the Opera House on August 20th.  




The entire album track listing was released on June 6th and looks promising:  

1. Making Mirrors
2. Easy Way Out
3. Somebody That I Used To Know
4. Eyes Wide Open
5. Smoke and Mirrors
6. I Feel Better
7. In Your Light
8. State of the Art
9. Don't Worry, We'll Be Watching You
10. Giving Me A Chance
11. Save Me
12. Bronte

Based on the little snippets of this record I've heard.... I predict good things for Mr De Backer.  I have kind of enjoyed him being a little alternative, and not that many people knowing who he is over the past couple of years - I think that's about to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment